In order for the Monster Smart Desktop App to find your local smart devices, it needs to access your local network (LAN communication). Please allow access to Private Networks in your computer’s firewall settings.
Allow apps through firewall on Windows
To allow an app through the Windows 10 firewall, use these steps:
1. Open Windows Security.
2. Click on Firewall & network protection.
3. Click the Allow an app through firewall option.
4. Click the Change settings button.
5. Check the app or feature you want to allow through the Windows firewall.
6. Check on which type of networks an app can access the network:
- Private — Allows the app access to the network at home or work.
- Public — Allows the app access to the network at a public place, such as in a coffee shop.
7. Click the OK button.
Once you complete the steps, the app will have full access to your local network.